Monday, June 30, 2008

Sunday June 29

We had a first time racer's briefing in the morning. Some things need to be ironed out and the ARC org wants feedback from us to help them with the task. We gave them quite a lot to think about. Then we had an all racer's briefing with everyone present for more suggestions. After this we rushed out to the airport to work with the girl scouts. Mary and I showed the airplane twice. Once to a 9th grader and the second time to much smaller children. It was so hot I thought I would faint. But after getting out of the airplane that had been sitting, it felt cooler. I had a hot dog and Mary had a fruit smoothie for lunch. We bummed a ride back to the hotel afterwards, and relaxed before the award banquet. We bid on the silent auction items and some of us won. I got a scarf that most of the racers signed in Bozeman Montana, Alison got a book written in 2000 by one of the racers, Gene Nora Jessen. We came in 25th, which is about what we expected with our handicap. Linda and Alison won one of the leg prizes and I was so proud of them. I don't think I have ever seen Alison with more joy on her face.

No comments: