Monday, June 23, 2008

Sunday June 22

Our last day that we can sleep in and eat breakfast at our leisure. We work furiously on our charts - checking and rechecking everything all morning. The hospitality room provided enough food for lunch and we decided to drive to a mall to walk around a bit before our mandatory "first-time racers" briefing at 3pm. We separated at the mall and all did our own thing. I talked most of my time with a retired railroad freight engineer who was overseeing an N gauge layout near the main entrance. Later I ran into Alison in a nail salon and got talked into getting a manicure, and polish. This in spite of my short short nails. Mary found a top, and Linda had a piece of pizza. We headed back and spent two hours at the briefing, which was somewhat alarming. I haven't take this many notes since college. So much to remember. We had an hour to get ready for the "Take Off" banquet. We enjoyed visiting with everyone and I had the largest piece of halibut I have ever seen baked in a puff pastry for dinner. We were tired in spite of a not so busy day.

No comments: